>

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Paddy Simcox

The other day my daughter and I were having a little follow up talk about periods and pad usage and whatnot. You know, just a regular old after school chat. At some point I told her that when the time comes she might want to have a little calendar to keep track of her cycle.

“For how long?” she asked.

“Well,” I told her, “You’ll have a period until you’re old like me.”

Her head whipped around “You’ve got to be KIDDING?! Every month?! That’s just stupid.”

Poor thing.

Last Saturday we went out to dinner with our son. When the waitress came to take our orders he said, “I’ll have the try-o.”

“Oh, you mean the seafood trio?” She asked.

Without looking up he said, “I’ve heard it both ways”  We died. It was so funny.

I really like my Kindle, so much that when people ask me about it, I turn into Ron Popeil. Suddenly I have to convince them how awesome and handy it is. It’s embarrassing.

If I’ve tried to “sell” you a Kindle, I’m sorry. I have issues.

No comments:

 
>