>

Monday, January 3, 2011

Perhaps I should have resolved to write posts that make sense

but I didn't, and I haven't had any sugar all day and I'm all doped up on Nyqil, and, ta-da......gibberish.

Yesterday I wore two pairs of socks. All day. It’s been a little chilly here in the desert for the last few days and I don’t like to be cold, so I wore two pairs of socks. So what?

Then I made a mitten. Just one. I wanted to see if I could do it.

I can.

Now I’m not sure I’ll make a second mitten. Contrary to the message you might have gotten from my earlier confession about the sock doublingupping, it’s not really cold enough here for mittens. Besides, I’m pretty much a glove girl.

It turned out nice though, don’t you think?


4 comments:

James said...

Impressive.

the running couple said...

I wear two socks around here alot. Especially when I go running. When I run in the cold with only one pair on, my feet burn and feel as though they are about to come off. Until the blood starts pumping through them and then I wish they had just fallen off five minutes ago like they wanted to. It's the worst thing about running in the cold. That and face burn.

I used to be a glove girl but now that I run in the cold I WISH I had a pair of mittens because I just bundle my hands together and pull my gloves on as covers.

It's been cold here lately too. I can't wait for summer so that I can say I can't wait for fall.

Heidi said...

Ooh, very pretty! I love it! It deserves to be cloned.

lori.huffaker said...

I wear two jackets in my house EVERY DAY, and we have the heat on. I could understand it if I had no body fat or something, but that is not the case. I wan tto learn how to knit too.

 
>