>

Monday, November 8, 2010

You know, like a Fountain of Youth version of the Pampered Chef Party

Last week I was invited to a Microdermabrasion Party. I know! What luck!? I could hardly believe it myself. You can't go wrong when the party has the word “abrasion” on the invitation.

By way of explanation, because I’m not nearly as worldly as I seem, my friend told me she had invited a select group of suckers friends to enjoy (and pay for) an evening of pampering. The treatment, she said, is sort of like sandpapering your skin, then they do a “peel”, and viola! You can’t believe how much younger you look. “Seriously," she told me "10 years at least.”

Mostly, I’m guessing, because your old face has been abraded and peeled away, leaving a fresh “new” face behind.

I can only assume that it would have been just as much fun as it sounded, sadly, I had other plans (Thursday is the night I watch CSI) and was unable to attend. Though the idea of having my face sandblasted in the privacy of my friend’s home, with 4 or 5 other women who I’ve never met, for the jaw droppingly low price of $40.00, was extremely tempting.

My friend was hoping to get enough paying "guests" to have her face restored to its former glory for free. {“The cost is normally $100.00 for the abrasion and another $100.00 for the peel, but the “technician” is able to give us this great deal because she doesn’t have to rent an office, and she’s doing so many at once!” Bargain City!!}

I really did not know what to say to her. Fortunately, in addition to being quite the hostess, she’s one of those gals who has no problem carrying a conversation alone. I thanked her for thinking of me (because who doesn’t want to be thought of as a person who needs to have some years peeled away?), and admitted (sheepishly) that it wasn’t really my kind of thing.

Have you guys ever done anything like this? At a “party” or in a salon? Am I just a big chickeny stick in the mud? Am I missing out on the beauty treatment of my dreams?

No comments:

 
>