>

Monday, November 29, 2010

Shopping til I drop is not my superpower

*$25.00 gift card was generously provided by BlogHer and HomeGoods.

I’m not the power shopper I used to be. Back in the glory days of my big haired youth I could go for days without food, water, and comfortable shoes. These days I prefer to have a list, get what I need and get back home. The next couple of weeks will probably have me doing more shopping than I've done all the rest of the year so far and I’m none too happy about it. I prefer to stay in my pajamas and shop online, or make gifts for my friends and family out of things that are lying around the house, like pipe cleaners and coffee filters.

Since it’s Christmastime and inevitable that I’m going to have to shop, at least a little, on Black Friday I try to knock out a good portion of my gift list (and if I’m lucky someone will try to cut in line and I’ll get to knock them out too. ~Just kidding Mom! I haven’t knocked anyone out since 1983 when I rode my bike into that ditch and gave myself a concussion~).

Last week I was lucky enough to receive a $25.00 gift card to spend at HomeGoods. I was also lucky enough to have not even started my holiday shopping….so…..cha-ching!! I added HomeGoods to my list of places we would hit Friday.

I have to admit, things looked a little shaky at first.

I considered this little beauty; she seems to be saying, “I am the white elephant gift you have been searching for.”  Mesmerizing, isn't she?

These fellas would have been an excellent addition to my sparkly virgin display, except my husband wouldn’t let me buy the sparkly virgin (Something about sacrilege and bad taste. Some people, sheesh!).
And well, what can you say about Reindeerville?
It was looking bleak, then I came to the candles. “Hey,” I said to myself (and my husband and my son) “if I were a teacher I’d rather have a candle than another mug that says “an apple a day gets the student an A”” Teacher gifts done! Around the corner I found this great Santa plate thingy, which I bought for…..me! Yay!!
As luck would have it, our HomeGoods store is connected to TJMaxx as long as we were there I thought, “What the heck? Might as well have a look.” That’s when I found this great purse…also for …….me! What? I’ll have you know Friday was my BIRTHDAY! If you can’t buy yourself a new handbag when your birthday falls on Black Friday when can you?
On the way out we picked up these sets of wooden puzzle games which I’m very excited about giving to…someone.
No, I don't consider myself an impulse shopper, why do you ask?
In the end I spent just a tch more than my $25.00 gift card, but HomeGoods gave us these giant shopping bags for FREE, so it all worked out.

Thanks BlogHer and Homegoods!

3 comments:

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh my gosh! We are such kindred spirits. I just lub you and don't understand why you don't have your own column somewhere. FER REALS!

Just dead on writing.

Homer and Queen said...

I am still waiting for my B-day gift from you. You will get yours when I get mine. I think I will shop online this year. Love the Santa!

HoosierGirl said...

Love it! Too funny! I always end up finding things for me...LOL
In fact, I found these adorable candle kits that is in cute wrap with matches in a cute box and they are intended for my mil unless I forget...hehehe

 
>