>

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Post-Election, um, Post

Last night I fell asleep watching election results and I missed all the coverage of concession speeches and victory parties, needless to say, this morning’s headlines were 10 kinds of surprising for me.

Two of my favorite candidates lost their battles to become servants of the public. Christine I’m Not a Crook or a Witch O’Donnell wasn’t able to pull it off a win and poor Jimmy The Rent is 2 Damn High McMillan didn’t make it either.

How could this happen?



But really who can concentrate on politics when important stuff like this is going on in the world?

Have you heard? US Weekly (a reliable source if ever there was one) is reporting that Miley Cyrus’ mom, Tish, had an affair with Bret Michaels. Bret Michaels ya'll?! If true, all I can say is, wow. Wow! I now find myself in the awkward position of feeling a little sorry for Billy Ray for reasons that don’t have anything to do with his hair.

In fragrance news (What? You don't pay attention to Fragrance News?), Taylor Swift will be launching a perfume line next year. Swift said in a statement, "I have always loved how fragrance can shape a memory, the way certain scents remind you of events and people that are imprinted in your thoughts." I’m betting her signature scent will be “smiley, with a hint of something you can’t quite put your finger on but reminds you of being annoyed”.

Finally, not a moment too soon, Lisa Rinna has had a “lip reduction” procedure and issued a warning to young girls….. "Don’t mess with your lips!” Whew. Thanks Lisa! Way to be the face of a cause.

No comments:

 
>