>

Friday, November 5, 2010

And also, teenagers....grrr

My daughter has been home sick (and dramatic) all week. I don’t think I have to elaborate on what that has done to my mental state.

My husband, bless his heart, has gone on an over-night scout thing a ma bob, I plan to make the most of his absence by (finally) watching the last four episodes of Mad Men.

All the President’s Men is one of my favorite movies. That Dustin Hoffman is so dreamy…….I’m KIDDING. I do love when he spells Kenneth H. Dahlberg, D-A-H-L-B-E-R-G, Dahlberg.

You could film and episode of Hoarders in my laundry room. If you throw in the garage you might be looking a whole season.

I guess I should tell you, I’ve been slacking with my Couch to 5k training. And when I slack I really slack, there’s no halfway with me. You could say I’ve been spending more time couching than 5K-ing. Except that’s not entirely accurate. I’m not really spending all day on the sofa. I just can’t seem to get myself up early to run and by evening I’m just not feeling it. The fact that I have yet to develop any sort of affection for running isn’t helping either.

If you’re still reading, thank you. Though surely you have something better to do. Since you’re still here maybe you could take a minute to recommend something good to read. Thanks. Something a little David Sedaris plus Nick Hornby with a twist of Jane Austen would really hit the spot.

No comments:

 
>