>

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Welcome to the Wednesday Edition of “Things I Don’t Get”

1. My brother sent this picture from the Mc Donald’s drive-thru line over in Fancy Town~
"I won't even bother with a McDonald's that doesn't have a waterfall in their drive-thru."

2. Today is Late Start/Extra Early Release, or what I like to call “Gimme a Damn Break Day”. It goes like this~ the start time at the high school is pushed back to 10:00 a.m. and the release time at the elementary school is pushed up to 12:15 p.m. So, a.) I still have to get up early, because my younger kids have to be at school at the regular time, b.) the teenagers who would normally be asleep if they didn’t have to be anywhere until 10:00 on a Saturday morning, go insane and make all sorts of “breakfast” plans, c.) the elementary schoolers want to make the most of their 2 bonus hours in the afternoon, which means having friends over or needing me to drive them somewhere, anywhere, please, it’s early release, we must not waste a single minute of it!! “Thanks person in charge of day wrecking at the school board, you're doing an awesome job!!” What I just don’t understand is, why can’t everyone begin or end at the same time? Why must is be some start late, others end early? Why??

3. Jack Fruit anyone? I have never even heard of Jack Fruit, it must be pretty stinking tasty though, $99.99 each.  Perhaps it is a relative of the ever elusive Jackalope.

4. A few days ago I was in the toy department at Target and I heard this guy tell his cell phone “Yeah, I’m in the office right now, I’ll have to call you back later.” I have never wished so hard for a screaming baby to come around the corner in my life.

5. What would possess a woman with 5 children and a messy husband to buy white bathmats? Perhaps her 5 children messy husband have driven her completely out of her mind and now she is no longer able to use reason when making decisions.
Believe me when I tell you it looks A LOT worse in person.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Wednesdays around here are not quite so bad, but still crazy making. The elementary school and high school get out early (but not the middle school) except for on Weds. following a Monday during which there was no school--in which case it is a normal, full day. Argh! (I hereby give you permission to buy a new bathmat.)

Becky said...

$99.99!!?? That sucker better feed my family for a week!

Soooo... I should have skipped the white bathmats and gone for blue? Mine don't look quite like yours yet, but we're working hard on it.

Elizabeth said...

Well, The elementary school and high school get out early (but not the middle school) except for on Weds.

Homer and Queen said...

Hey! Did you get that bath mat at Sam's Club? I have the same dirty one!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Hahahahahaha I really like you, Sue.

Don't you think Miss Heidi is nekked in that picture?

Charlotte said...

Whoever made that school schedule is sadistic. Even the thought of early dismissal makes me shiver, much less a day in the middle of the week with kids coming and going all day.

I think one could argue that McDonald's AND target are part of my office. After all they seem to be integral to my job as a mother.

I think you are not clinically insane until you carpet the entire bathroom in white.

 
>