>

Sunday, September 12, 2010

I'm too tired for the whole "make up a title" thing today.

Right. So, last week was long. Things were a little “bumpy” around here.  People’s plans have changed and life is just so….well….you know, unpredictable.

Could I be anymore cryptic? Sorry. Anyway. Moving on. I didn’t feel much like writing last week (well, actually I felt a lot like writing, but you know, respecting other people’s boundaries and all) now I feel like writing….about other things.

Like this~Couch to 5K

I seem to be surrounded by well meaning friends and relatives who think I should take up running. I don’t know why everyone thinks they can tell me what to do. I mean it’s not like I go around telling other people what they should do.

Oh…..crap…..yes I DO! But let’s be real here, ok? Telling you to watch Mad Men, or read Angel’s Game, or eat at Jason Deli are things that will make your life more enjoyable. I seriously doubt any of you have gotten half an episode into Mad Men and felt like your heart was going to explode. (Unless it was that one when Betty went all crazy pants and bought that chaise lounge and put it right in front of the fireplace.What a nut that one, huh?)

Anyway, you know, fair’s fair (I guess), I’ve decided if I want people to take me seriously when I e-mail them lists of foreign films to watch if they want their lives to be complete, I should probably reciprocate by trying something they suggest. Because I hear you, and I value your advice. (And my life is lame and this is screaming "lets shake things up!")

I bought some new running shoes and found this Couch to 5K plan. On paper it sounds easy enough. 3 workouts a week. The first week you alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. I started last week, after my 3rd set I started to wonder why in the world anyone thinks it’s ever a good idea to run (Unless of course you are being chased by a big mean dog, which, hey..does anyone want to get up early 3 days a week and chase me with their big mean dog? Oh my gosh! I think I just thought up a new workout scheme plan. Be looking for me to patent that soon.)

Anyway, I’m not giving up that easy, as if the threat of dying is enough to keep me from doing anything, have you forgotten that I laugh at death? Ha ha ha! This week I get to run for 90 seconds then walk for 2 minutes, which sort of seems like going backwards but seeing as I am not a fitness expert I’m going to stick it out. With any luck week 3 will incorporate ice cream into the rotation.

I’ll keep you posted.

3 comments:

*TARA* said...

You constantly crack me up! I love it! Good Luck with running.

tarable said...

Hey, two Tara commenters - you are a lucky blogger!

I've heard about this Couch to 5K & recently joined the YMCA. So... I'm gonna start tomorrow too! We can commiserate together. Thanks for the motivation.

Alexis said...

I think it's awesome that you've taken up running. If you find a passion for it, great, if not, I'm still reading Angel's Game.

I followed a Couch to 5k program at the beginning. I found it too hard. I just did what I could and signed up for races. The races were the real motivator for me. But everyone is different.

 
>