>

Friday, September 17, 2010

A Quick Public Service Announcement

Just because Target sees fit to replace their school supply display with Lady Gaga costumes does not mean it’s time to get out your Halloween decorations.* (I’m going to tell you a secret, Target doesn’t care about appropriate decorating guidelines, they just want to SELL YOU SOMETHING. It’s irresponsible and confusing I know) This especially applies to my neighbors, trust me when I tell you that no amount of light up Jack-o-lanterns on your front porch is going to distract anyone from the fact that it is 100 degrees outside. It is possible, however, that I may risk adding to my criminal record by vandalizing your yard. (I’m kidding I don’t have a criminal record….yet.)

It’s not even October for crying out loud. Put your pumpkins back in the garage for a couple of weeks.

Thank you. You may now return to your regularly scheduled weekend.

* Alyson is of course exempt from this rant because she lives in New England and truly carries the spirit of Jack Skellington in her heart all year long.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Hmmph. You're probably one of those people who don't like Christmas displays mid-October either. Shocking - simply shocking. :)

Alyson (New England Living) said...

Haha! Love that I made the exception list. Thank you! :) But, I promise, I have put out no outside decorations just yet. That doesn't happen for me until October. I've only put them up on the interior where I can let my true freak flag fly!

Giggles said...

Fall decorations are one thing. Halloween decorations are a whole different thing. I'm with you.

Stopping by from MMB.

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Seriously, what's up with holidays 2 months in advance?

Hilary said...

Seriously? I don't think I've seen any hallowen stuff as of late...
but I don't get out much. ;)

 
>