>

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Not the promised "catch up", but better than nothing...

.....maybe.

So, here's the deal. My son is in the MTC in Provo learning Spanish before he goes to Columbia, and I've been writing to him everyday, which means I've been using up all my cleverness in those letters leaving nothing for the old blog. What can I say? There's a limit to my wit. Who knew? I have a couple of posts started, but between life and whatnot, I haven't had time to bring them to the blogtastic standard I prefer things to be when I present them here. I'll try to step it up.

In the meantime, have you heard? John Mellencamp has a new album and it's kind of awful. He sounds like a really old man. It's painful. Sometimes it's better to just go away quietly. Ya know?  Also, I read today that Lindsay Lohan might get out of Rehab early. They say she's not as bad off as they thought, I don't know Lindsay personally and I'm not sure who they are, but I'm having a hard time buying that. And there's this, finally, a guide to selecting a good watermelon. I could've used it in July, but better late than never, eh?

Last but not least, what the heck is Foursquare? Anyone?

2 comments:

Karen said...

You just had to go and say the letters MTC didn't you ... nice, now I'm bawling again.

Write to Edge ... write with all of your might and wit!

This journey has ruined my hardcoreness.

Becky said...

So I'm not the only one who has forgotten that blogging even existed? Whew!

You have a great excuse, though. That's super exciting to have a son in the mission field! And of course, early release for LiLo is a close second...

 
>