>

Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's little a game I'm calling "Does anybody read this crap anyway?"

Every morning I get up and plan to go to my desk and slam out something witty. What with wit being my middle name and all this should be a simple task, right? But first I have to make my daily list of things there is no way in heaven and earth that I will possibly get done before I go to bed and that’s when things take an inevitable turn down a dark alley.

This is probably going to come as quite a shock to some of you, it surely has to me.

I have limits.

That’s right, are you listening universe? I get IT. I can’t do everything.

Oh I can try. I can make the stupid lists everyday, telling myself that I can do 26 hours worth of “stuff” in the 20 hours that I’m awake. I get so annoyed sometimes that I have to sleep. What a waste of time. Do you have any idea how many more things I could add to my lists if I were a robot?

For my entire life I have believed that it didn’t matter how many things I committed to, I would just figure out a way to fit them all in. I still believe that (mostly), but I have (finally) learned that while I CAN do 75 things at once, the odds of ANY of those things being done well are slim. But since knowing is only half the battle who knows how long I will continue to fight against reality.(if you only knew the long line of reality deniers I come from....I could go on like this for decades)

I keep thinking maybe I should give up the blog and just go back to writing stupid crap on little scraps of paper or in those 6 ratty notebooks I keep in my purse, and the car, and under my bed…….I must have an ego problem because I don’t want to go back to writing in secret. I want to keep posting stupid crap here. In public, so I can hit post and then add “worry for the next 3 hours that you’ve written something super stupid or offensive”. (It goes at the bottom of the list, where I can’t possibly get to it.)

Did that make any sense at all? No? I didn’t think so.

ps~ thanks to those of you who left your thoughts on the immigration debate. I honestly feel that both sides have some valid points and I was going to try to write something, but as the post above clearly shows, I’m in no condition to put coherent sentences together at this time. My sincerest apologies to the policy makers who were waiting for me to weigh in.

pss~In sentence #3, is or are? Am I talking about a list (is) or things (are)? The last thing I need now is a grammar crisis. (You can understand how that one item would stand out because the REST of the post is soo grammatically correct, yes?)

5 comments:

AuBien said...

I need to post on my blog more. Then you would feel like you were not alone! Hang in there gal...and spend your time doing the things you want to do!

MommyJ said...

Don't give the blog up all together, just take a break for a while... everyone needs an occasional sabbatical. So take one.

I think it's correct as written... are just doesn't sound right.

Heidi Ashworth said...

Blogging is like crack for a writer looking for validation. I should really be writing my next novel but blogging is so much fun. (Not that I know what crack is like. Honest.)

James said...

Seems like everyone is taking a blog break these days. Must be the thing to do.

lori.huffaker said...

I would have nothing good to read if you quit, and as we all know, everything is about me...and I have a stupid question, is it pps(post post script) or pss( post script script? Not to add to any stress to you but I believe it is pps.
P.S. Sorry
P.P.S. I would miss you!

 
>