>

Thursday, April 15, 2010

And I'm gonna make them call me Oda Mae too

When I called my brother Monday to tell him about my little "incident" but more importantly to get an update on the soap opera that is our mother's life, I was shocked and saddened to learn that he does not even keep up with our mama's drama.  Wow.  The amount of restraint (or apathy) that must take is unimaginable to me.

Since we couldn't talk about "Life on the Mountain" (that's the unofficial name of the Lifetime movie about my mom's life, do you like it?) we were forced to talk about me.  It was super fun. I think he was trying to make me feel better when discussing my agony over the publicness of my incident he said "Well, at least they didn't rush you up to the pulpit and throw you a snake to handle.  In some churches they would have!"  I suppose, when viewed from that angle, he's right.  Things could always be worse. He really has a gift.

Speaking of gifts, I think I'm going to take his advice and start telling my kids that I can "see" things now.  You know, like Whoopi in Ghost.

In other news, the world is all abuzz about cilantro, I personally find it very tasty, but it turns out not everyone does.  There's even a movement against this poor defenseless little herb. Imagine that.

 How about you? Cilantro? Yes? No? On Tuesday afternoons?

7 comments:

Alexis said...

Wow, I can't get anyone to read any of my blogs, even the one about everything cookie but people can write about hating cilantro and it makes it into the New York Times. I just don't get it. I'm not even sure I can wrap my head completely around the 'it' but I know I don't get it.

Also, I find it rather interesting to note that two people, two people so different, one a cilantro-loving-momma's drama magnet(me), the other a cilantro-hating-apathetic (your brother) can find themselves together in such a harmonious relationship.

I didn't realize how mind boggling Cilantro posts could be. I think I need a nap.

Homer and Queen said...

I love cilantro! And I saw your comments yesterday about adoption. I think. Was that you?

wesley's mom (sue) said...

What?! My brother doesn't like cilantro? Next thing I know you'll be telling me he doesn't watch basketball.

Queen, I dont think I've made any adoption comments lately, but I do have some "slight" brain damage, so who knows?

Alexis said...

Ready. Brace yourself.

He doesn't.

Sorry.

Todd said...

Not on a boat. Not with a goat.



But shouldn't you be able to 'see' things like that?

wesley's mom (sue) said...

You MUST try it sam i am. You will like it you will see. Maybe you should try some cilantro prepared by me.


ps~I didn't say I COULD see things, I said I was going to tell my kids I could. BIG differnce between true extra metal ablilities and trickery.

James said...

Ugh. Cilantro.

 
>