>

Monday, March 15, 2010

You know what I like?

Books that are compilations of essays.

Or blog posts.

Or shopping lists.

You know why? Because you don’t have to read the whole thing at once. You can pick it up, read a few pages, hopefully get a good laugh, and get back to it the next time you’re waiting in the drive-thru line at Jack-in-the-Box. Super convenient. Also, when I have a never-ending migraine I don’t remember anything I read, which sucks if I’m reading a novel, but it’s okay to read a short story or two and not remember. I mean they’re short, you can read them again later. It’s like recycling.

I have no idea where I’m going with this.

Oh…. were you wondering if I’d come across any good books lately? Funny you should ask, in fact I have.

A few weeks ago I was at Borders and I found this book- Your Hate Mail Will Be Graded, by John Scalzi. It’s a collection of blog posts, which, yes, I know I could have gotten for free by going to his blog and wading through the archives, but lo I am trying to single handedly keep my local Borders store in business so I bought it.

I’m glad I did. It fits in my purse and is quite clever.

I’m going to link to his blog here, but really you should buy the book, (at your local Borders store if at all possible. Sorry, I’m just not a fan of Barnes and Noble. Sorry.) You can take it with you to the DMV, to your doctor’s appointments, and if you have one of those headlamp thingys, you can take it when you are forced, heaven forbid, to take your kids to see the next Chipmunk movie. (Oh how you’ll be thanking me then!)

My favorite quote so far~
“If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas.” I’m thinking of having t-shirts printed. They’d make great gifts.

No comments:

 
>