>

Friday, March 19, 2010

Not that it matters who wins or loses, but......

I honestly had NO idea what I was getting into with this whole "bracket" thing.  Yesterday was the single most nerve wracking day of my sports watching career (please note~I use the term "career" very loosely).  The problem\thrill of picking a winner for every game is that yesterday I had 16 favorite teams.  16 times I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the final score.........Well, more like 14.  Kentucky kicked some poor sad Buccaneer trash (100-71) so that wasn't really a surprise, and I was secretly hoping Kansas would lose even though I'd picked them to win, I kind of wanted to just take the loss and be done with them. (Is that unsportsmanly?) 

Last night I saw this little old man wearing a Jayhawk shirt and I almost gave him the stink eye.  This is why I don't play sports.  That whole business about having no physical coordination is just a cover.  The truth is, unchecked, my competitive streak gets ugly.  It's embarrassing.

4 comments:

James said...

That's the spirit.

James said...

And too bad Kentucky won't make it to the finals...

wesley's mom (sue) said...

Oh James, I wouldn't count Kentucky out if I were you. I don't know if you've noticed, but my unscientific method worked pretty well with my first round picks.

Todd said...

Let me get this straight. There are several rounds involved in this tournament, and they play the same sport every time. I don't really understand how that could be a true test of athletic ability.

 
>