>

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sometimes I forget that I was trying to make a point

I know you want to talk about soccer, but I need to get the Valentines chat out of the way first, I’m ordering them, and I might be too late to get them here on time as it is, since I value your opinions so much I wanted to show you what I had in mind.

~On a sidenote, this ALWAYS happens to me when a holiday falls too early in the month. I’m not organized enough to plan a month ahead, so if something is early, or middle (whatever), I’m late. No one ever seems to think I’m funny when I try pulling April Fool’s gags on the 8th of the month. Sheesh!

Anyway, the Valentines. It’s not that I am especially romantic, I’m not. But I am in love with stationary. It makes me swoony. I have quite a stash, even though I’m really not much of a letter writer. These days I prefer e-mail (I KNOW), I like the speedy banterishness of it. I’ve even gotten to be kind of texty lately, but nothing beats getting a real letter out of your mail box does it?

I think the stationary thing is because of my mother (like so many of my other issues), I was raised to send thank you notes. Always. And not just any little card that says “thanks” or some Hallmark appreciation poem, we had to write a real note, mentioning the item and how much we loved hand knitted gifts and how pink was our favorite color. The card then had to be mailed, even if we were thanking our best friend who lived next door the mail man had to take it. No sneaking it over when they weren’t looking, it had to have a cancelled stamp.

I used to be a very efficient thanker, but I’ve gotten old and busy. My Granny would be so embarrassed because sometimes-gasp!-I forget, or I take cookies in lieu of a handwritten U.S. Postal Service delivered note. I feel a little guilty when I do that. My husband on the other hand believes that a verbal thank you is good enough dangit! It doesn’t matter how many times I tell him that Miss Manner and my granny say otherwise. Blah, blah, blah…..My point was/is, I always justify buying stationary so that I’ll have something nice when I need to send a Thank You but Valentines Day needs no justification, you can just buy cards willy nilly. Whew.

So, I said all that to say this-

These guys make some sweet letterpress Valentine’s cards AND the envelopes are great too.


What do you think? I’m torn between the “be mine” and the “Lucky in Love”.

~ps~Etsy has tons of great printable valentines and letterpress valentines. Way better and far more original than anything you’ll find at Target.

No comments:

 
>