>

Friday, February 12, 2010

So close, yet so very far away.

Would it seem terribly ungrateful and selfish of me to complain about the fact that the drywall in our addition area was not finished on time, thus leaving me without a bedroom even LONGER?  It was supposed to be done last weekend and painted by the end of this weekend, but our drywaller realised too late that he had bid the job badly and has now put our job in the "I'll get to it when I can" column so he can work on jobs he did not bid badly and will make a profit from, leaving us in limbo.  Frankly I couldn't care less if his numbers were off, he needs to eat the loss and finish my bedroom.  I would like to fire him.  Sadly these decisions are not up to me.

We have been re-promised that this will be our lucky weekend. 

I'm not holding my breath.

2 comments:

Todd said...

Underbidding a job really sucks, but you know what? So does missing a deadline. Obviously this contractor was hired because of his price, not his reputation, and it sounds like you're stuck with him. But try calling him and complaining.

Try: A) "When is this job going to be finished?" or B) "You do know I'm sleeping on the couch, right?" or C) "How long have you been in this business?"

If none of those three approaches strikes a nerve, then your dealing with a real, how can I say this (T.B.), a real unfortunate situation.

Sorry sister.

Homer and Queen said...

Is that room as big as it looks?

 
>