>

Thursday, December 24, 2009

A little gift from me to you

I know what you’re thinking “It’s Christmas Eve, don’t you have about a million things you should be doing? Why are you BLOGGING instead of stringing popcorn with your kids?” Well, duh! Of course I have things to do; I’m saving them till the last minute, ‘cause that’s how I roll. Thanks for your support.

I finished the first season of MAD MEN yesterday.  Yes, I had time to watch TV~LAST MINUTE, remember? All I have to say about that is~ how lucky is Peggy that she went into labor over Thanksgiving weekend? Actually I have a lot more to say, but I’m waiting on my friend to catch up so we can go to lunch and spend an hour talking about made up people and their made up problems, because we're mature like that.

You know what’s worse than a braggy Christmas letter? A mystery. Yesterday we received a card from some friends, people we used to see pretty often, but over time our contact has dwindled to seeing each other a few times a year (half of those being chance meetings at the grocery store). Their card came yesterday with no letter and a new return address—in another town. Can you believe it? No, neither could I. They moved, without telling me. I woke up in the middle of the night wondering what the story is, and feeling a little bad that I didn’t do a better job keeping in touch.

You know what’s BETTER than a braggy Christmas letter (besides EVERYTHING)? Also in the mail yesterday was a card from my husband’s uncle and his new wife. She used her holiday stationary to tell us how they had reconnected at their 50 year high school reunion earlier in the year; both had spent many years single. She wasn’t looking to remarry, but he told her “he wasn’t going to lose her again”, he relocated, they married, and they’ve spent the rest of the year traveling the world and being happy. It was very sweet and genuine. She could teach my Granny a thing or two.

This woman says she knew Tiger was a cheatin’ ho. WHO CARES?! What I want to know is~what in heaven’s name is she holding here? Please tell me that’s not some kind of reward for good golf. ~James, I know you know what it is, spill. I’m counting on you.


Am I the only one who remembers Xanadu? I loved that movie.  I'm thinking of introducing my daughter to the magic of disco and Olivia Newton-John on roller skates. What could possibly go wrong?

Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

James said...

If you're looking to me for answers, well...

I have no flippin' clue.

 
>