>

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lemme just fetch you another percocet honey

My daughter is on a field trip today.  I didn't go.  I wanted to.  I love field trips, especially now that she's 9 and there's all that girl drama between her and all of her friends with their pre-hormonal mood swings.  I was going to go, but then something came up.

My husband threw out his back, I hate that phrase "threw his back out", you know what my granny calls it? Down in the back.  It makes me laugh, makes me think of going out yonder to grab some clothes off the line and some okra from the garden.  I'm going to start calling it that, because when your husband is down in the back you need a laugh. Otherwise you're just driving him to the chiropractor and fetching ice packs and propping him up and plying him with drugs all day and I hate to seem uncaring, but after 6 or 8 hours of moving that ice pack "just a little more to the right", I start to get a little cranky.  I'm small like that.

Tomorrow I'm posting my Totally Awesome Books to Give as Gifts Guide.  It's going to be, you know, totally awesome.

1 comment:

Homer and Queen said...

I am the same way with my family! Suck it up unless you are half dead! Five him a muscle relaxer and knock him out!

 
>