>

Monday, December 14, 2009

It's Christmas and we're all in misery

I had this SUPER GREAT idea this afternoon.  I said to myself "Self, you should do some holiday baking with your children this evening."  I mean after all, I did neglect them all weekend during my 48 hour craftpalooza and what could be more fun than an evening in the kitchen with your family listening to Bing Crosby and baking treats for your friends and neighbors? (Hindsight being what it is, I can now tell you, that something like getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick could be slightly more fun.)  So I hauled my sorry self over to the grocery store and grabbed a big ol' bunch of baking supplies, then I came home and told my kids about the fun evening we were about to have and somewhere around the very second I finished saying fudge they started fighting amoungst themselves over something important like who ate the last Boston Cream Pie yogurt. You know, matters of life and death and all.

I didn't let that stop us.  We plowed ahead.  Instead of listening to Bing we watched Christmas Vacation and despite the fact that the bikering continued all blasted evening we baked those damn cookies and made the stinking fudge, and then we packed it up and shared it with our friends and family, and by golly we were so HAPPY!!! Just full of holiday joy.

Holy hell Christmas is fun.

2 comments:

Shalet said...

Sounds like my house! Merry Christmas!

KLM Photos said...

Good effort - I loved Christmas baking with my mom. Then again my crazy brother was nowhere to be found!

I love the commentary...felt like I was there!

 
>