>

Monday, November 23, 2009

Is it still a vacation if I'm being tortured?

In a couple of days we'll be off on our Thanksgiving holiday.  Everyone in my family is super excited...well...almost everyone. 

I've already mentioned how travel makes me kooky.  I've had a stomach ache for a week, and I've been "pre-packing" for at least a week and a half. You don't even want to know how many lists I've made.

Just now I checked the weather for our destination.  Currently the temperature is 27 degrees, but it feels like 20. Huh?  How does it feel colder than it actually is?! (Please DO NOT say things like wind chill to explain.) Not only that but the highest temperature forcasted during our time in the Beehive State---a balmy 51.  Are they serious?

This just isn't going to work for me. First of all, there's a reason I live in Arizona, I enjoy the ovenlike climate.  It's 58 here right now and I'm ready to get out my long johns.  Secondly, do you have any idea how this changes my packing plans? Third, I don't even OWN any mittens.  I'm going to need mittens if I am expected to go anywhere at night, when the forecast tells me the temperatures could dip into the 20s.  If I get frost bite heads are gonna roll.

I'm sure that all of you who live in places with actual weather instead of just varying degrees of hot are thinking that I'm a big ninny, but I don't care.  I don't like to be cold, and I'm not ashamed to be branded a weather snob.

2 comments:

Homer and Queen said...

I am so with you! We are going to Provo to the game and I swear if it is snowing or remotely freezing, I will stay at my friends and watch the game on TV!

Becky said...

Hey, if you don't like the cold and you live in Arizona, I don't have any problem with that. But when you live in Alaska and you complain to me about cold weather and snow, I'm not gonna muster up any sympathy. Pansies.

Hope your Thanksgiving is a good one, even if it requires the purchase of a pair of mittens!

 
>