>

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

And one more thing.....

This morning I was on hold for a little while and I got to hear a recorded loop of important health related information that our doctor has started using in place of the easy listening radio station I used to enjoy so much (really, hardly anyone plays the BeeGees anymore), in addtion to being told how often I should have my cholesterol levels checked, I learned that his office is very pleased to welcome Dr. Newlady to the "team". I was so thrilled to hear of her “special interest in cosmetics” but most of all that she is “skilled in the administration of Botox.” Because you know, maybe while I’m over there later waiting for my kids to get swabbed for swine flu, I’ll just have her “administer” some toxin into my forehead. My worry lines are getting out of control.

Is Botox mainstream now? Do regular people get it? Or have it done, or whatever the proper usage is. (I know people can be sensitive about things like that, for example, my husband has told me over and over how he hated it when his mom would ask him if he was “using marijuana” instead of “smoking pot”, he couldn’t even continue the conversation when she did that. I just want to make sure I’m not upsetting anyone.) When I think of Botox, I think of those rich ladies, you know, like on CSI Miami, or Dallas. But if my family dr. is advertising it on his hold recording, if you can get it "administered" by the same person who gives you a flu shot, apparently I have missed the Botox boat. Not that I would have gotten on the Botox boat if I had known it was at the dock, but I do like to know what’s shakin around the PTA, if you know what I mean.

Speaking of the PTA, can I ask you a question? What do you call your children’s teachers? And if you are a teacher, what do you want to be called? I never know what's up these days. By habit (and maybe some respect mixed with a little fear) I always call them Mr. or Mrs. But what about when they write a note and sign their first name? Isn’t that an invitation to be familiar? Or what if they are 20 years younger than you are? What if once, at an awards assembly, they squatted and you (and the whole 2nd grade) saw their thong?

Here’s something else I’ve been thinking about, does anyone really eat vanilla flavored Tootsie Rolls? And why are they even in the bag of “Fruit Flavored Tootsie Rolls”? Vanilla isn’t a fruit. Is it?

Also, what’s the point of even having an unfasten your seatbelt signal on an airplane if they are going to tell you to please keep your seatbelt fastened at all times, even if the captain turns on the remove your seatbelt signal? Is it some kind of power struggle between the Pilot and the Flight Attendants?

Starsky or Hutch? I mean, you know, if you had to pick just one.

1 comment:

AuBien said...

Sue...can I call you Sue...or Mrs. Sue. Or Mrs. Blogwriter...so anyways,....I just love reading your blog. Or visiting your blog. Or Blurfing your blog. Seriously...whatever it is that I'm supposed to say ... some days I just NEED your sense of humor to lighten the tension. And no, I'm not sending you $50 for the therapeutic effects! :) I'm never sure about the teacher thing either..so I just call the teachers Mrs. SoandSo. I figure they will tell me if they want me to be more casual. No one has yet. Oh...and before I go...I'm just sayin...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP3bZZLGBlo

 
>