>

Friday, September 11, 2009

It's Really Such a Shame

I’m too busy to read and too scattered to write (forget proofreading and spell checking), which of course means I have tons to write about and a long list of things I’d like to be reading. It’s horrible. You pity me, don’t you? You know…if you felt like it, you could give me a hand (I know you were wondering how you could help), I’m going to link to some of the "news worthy" tidbits I’ve bookmarked lately, a few of them are probably old news already (man I HATE old news), but if you could just read one or two and let me know if they’re worth my time that would be great. I mean, if I don’t need to read that penmanship thing, why bother, right? You guys are the best!
*
Here we go, in no particular order-
*
Little House in the War Zone*
*
The Write Stuff
*
What the Public Option Actually Does
*
Preacher used juice cans to hijack Mexican jet
*
Ellen DeGeneres to Replace Paula Abdul
*
I can't tell you how much not knowing what’s going on in the world bugs me. Not to mention, spending time with my mom reminds a person (like me, for example) that you don’t want to stray too far from the beaten path. You don't want to stick your head in the sand, you've got to pay attention. Ya know what I’m sayin? If I don’t keep up with things who knows what could happen? Before you know it I could be sitting around with my family telling them (with a straight face) that the reason I want to be cremated is that I heard hair continues to grow after death and I don’t want to risk anyone seeing my dark roots AFTER I’M DEAD!! I swear on my collection of Smurfette figurines my mother actually told us this, then she told us she’s already chosen a matching urn for her dog. A conversation that unfortunately began when her significant other (and by significant I mean he keeps her out of our hair most of the time--pretty significant if you ask me) told us he has just ordered his headstone and he will be known in the afterlife as “Beautiful Jim”. I guess he’s given up on trying to convince us to call him that while he’s living.
*
There’s so much more where that came from. Don’t you wish I had time to write?

4 comments:

val of the south said...

Thank goodness you have Beautiful Jim! It sounds like you're living in a sitcom!

News is over-rated - if you stay uninformed you'll give your kids plenty to write about on their blogs when you're older. It's really a service you'll be providing, a win-win situation!

(though the Ellen/Paula stuff is pretty important)

Karen said...

For the love of all that is holy ... put down the babies and write!!!

AuBien said...

Yikes.

Homer and Queen said...

I vote SMELL those babies for me!!!

 
>