>

Monday, September 21, 2009

I’m feeling a little like Rip Van Winkle.

While I was in Virginia life here was moving ahead. It’s slightly unsettling and kind of rude if you ask me.

You’d think my family at least would’ve had the consideration to not make plans for fall break or apply to colleges or get taller (I’m not kidding, one of them grew about 2 inches in 2 and a half weeks) without me. On the other hand, I’m pretty sure no one cleaned the bathrooms the entire time I was gone, maybe that was their compromise.

Anyway, I’m trying to catch up and we’re still working on the remodel, which at this point, to be honest, is starting to lose some of its charm and becoming more chore-like. I’ll have to post some pictures soon, because there is MORE TILE!

PS~I don’t know if I’ve mentioned that our new neighborhood is teaming with packs of Chihuahuas, but it is. They roam the streets like they own the place, usually in groups of 3. It’s like their lucky number or something. Well, this morning one pranced right out in front of my car, I almost ran over it. I think the city might need to schedule one of those controlled hunt things. You know, like they do when the possum population gets out of control in Tennessee?

3 comments:

Todd said...

You need to be careful with those chihuahuas. If you accidentally hit one who knows what kind of gangland retaliation you might be in for. Momma always said: "Don't mess with dem Chihuahua Gangs."

Homer and Queen said...

Be afraid of those dogs...and the remodel...

MommyJ said...

Hope the remodel goes well and gets finished quickly...

I have never, ever heard anything quite as disturbing as roaming bands of chihuahuas.

 
>