>

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lions and Tile and Bears

Oh my.

I think I’m usually pretty good at seeing “the forest for the trees”, pretty good at being realistic and pretty aware that a large portion of people in the world have it far worse than I do, pretty good at not being a big ol’ drama queen, basically, pretty good at the whole “perspective” thing. At least that’s what I think, I could be way off. It could be that I go around making something out of nothing on a regular basis and am just in denial about it. It could be, but it seems unlikely.

My problem is that lately, in my neck of the woods, the trees and whatnot have been kind of thick and I haven’t been very good at seeing anything except what I’m bumping into all day, then I complain about all the little scratches I’ve gotten and basically I’ve turned into the biggest baby EVER. I’ve been letting it my emotions roam freely, and instead of being my usual emotionless robot like self; I’ve been a cranky mom, an angry wife, and a whiney friend. Barf.

The trees are starting to thin but I’m still feeling a little overwhelmed. It seems that every time I see a glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel it only illuminates the fact that the end of the tunnel is just a little bit farther away than I originally imagined.

Yes, this too shall pass, but I’m afraid it’s not going to pass quickly enough, and when I say “not quickly enough” I mean, I think I saw one of my sons looking at a straight jacket catalog.

Cry for me Argentina.

The house we are moving into is a “fixer upper”. Long story, but it’s kind of a joint project we have become entangled (oops! Did I say entangled? I meant, um, oh yeah, entangled) in with another couple. The arrangement has given us creative control in some areas, while limiting it in others.

This is our kitchen. Nice isn’t it.

This is our living room, where our kitchen cabinets currently live. I hope they’re not getting too comfortable in there
This is the mosaic that will be a spectacular view for anyone using the sink. Reason #58 not to cook. Reason #72 why dishes will not be my chore. Reason #1 to NEVER give up creative control.
Why yes, those ARE handmade tiles. Oh no, not made by MY hands mind you, but handmade just the same. They surely are unique aren’t they?
Are you crying yet?

6 comments:

Alexis said...

Um, that's...lovely? Hoping the move is going as well as possible.

Homer and Queen said...

Ummmm...kill me now!

AuBien said...

I feel for you. Moving is a challenge to mental health all by itself...adding fixing and upping to it...well, in my humble opinion...they shouldn't get to happen together. Too crazy on momma! Been here, doing that.

Karen said...

Oh my ... a masterpiece! I need to come see things in person.

Becky said...

I can relate. We moved this week and apparently I'm a two-year-old again. It's not a pretty sight.

James said...

I want to move, but boy I DON'T want to move.

God bless you.

 
>