>

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I know you're sick of hearing about it..

...but the moving continues. We are smack dab in the middle of moving out and moving in and building walls and installing kitchens and basically losing our ever loving minds day after day after day. Its FUN. I have TONS of things I would LOVE to write about, but I'm tired yo. The odds of my being able to zero in on one topic are seriously slim.
*
So, here are few things, you can discuss amoungst yourselves. Enjoy.

A friend of ours thinks Julia Child was really a man. The basis for this argument is that she/he liked to wear scarves (you know, for hiding the old adams apple) and her/his unnaturally high/fake voice, and let us not forget the "man hands". What think ye? I hadn't thought much about it before, and to be perfectly honest I haven't thought much about it now, but I would LOVE to know what you think. So, spill.

Also, because dangit I can so do EVERYTHING you just watch me and don't even bother trying to tell me otherwise, I went to Girls Camp for a couple of days over the weekend. Contrary to what you may have heard, the ultimate goal of Girls Camp is not to stay up until the wee hours of the morning perfecting your dance moves, nor is it to gain 5 pounds on the light and healthy meals they serve up there. The bottom-line purpose of Girls Camp is Spiritual Saturation, as evidenced here. What you see before you is the stall door in the bathroom (yeah, yeah, we have stalls AND doors in the bathrooms at camp, AND I sure did take my camera in there and take pictures, get over it). If you click on the picture you will notice that beneath the rules for Sanitary Item disposal is a spiritual thought. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this is funny, or overkill, or whatever. I like camp, I think it's a good experience and I think the powers that be in our stake do a really great job making it a place the girls want to be. But scripture stories in the bathroom might be just a little much, that's all I'm saying. What do you think? Too much? Just enough? If you keep pounding them hopefully something will get in?


Lastly, even though my attitude has been much improved lately (thanks, no doubt, largely, to my time in the stall at camp) I seem to find myself several times a day with Clark W. Grizwold in my head telling me that things could be worse. Or not. Anyone else have an inner Clark lifting them up when times are rough?



Blank

2 comments:

Homer and Queen said...

I hate moving! Julia Child? Pat? hummm...

Jan said...

In defense of Julia, I'll say that my mom (who is 100% woman) also has man hands. Not as tall as Julia, but she inherited her father's big, man-sized hands. I love her, but I'm glad those genes skipped me!

Good luck with the move.

 
>