>

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Home Sweet Home

{this picture was taken the first time we looked at the house}
Lest you think I do nothing but complain all the time, today I present, for your viewing pleasure:
A HOUSE UPDATE
{3 days ago}
When we first looked at this house it was a wreck. And that's being quite generous. There were holes in walls and broken windows and trash and graffiti and a family or two of cats living inside. (A family or two of cats smell REALLY good, you should take a sniff sometime if you get a chance.) I wasn't sure it was something I wanted to take on. To be honest, I was pretty sure I did NOT want to take it on, at all, period. Anyhow, long story, boring details, this is this and that is that and here we are.
I know I have complained a little about the moving and the pace of the remodel and the lack of creative control, but today I am starting to see some light, and that, my friends, is a beautiful thing.
Thanks to my brother (who has come over EVERY DAY & double thanks to my sister-in-law for letting him) we now have cabinets in our kitchen~
Soon we might even have counter tops.
You hardly notice the tile work, right? RIGHT? Please say you hardly noticed it.
What was once a carport is now a garage thanks to my handy husband.
Not that I have ever been able to park inside any garage we have ever had. The point is, we have one and now my husband has a place for all of that stuff he brings home from here and there and everywhere. Oh alright, he has some tools in there too, he even used some of them to build the stinking garage.
LOOK! A place to do laundry. 20 years ago I would have laughed if you'd told me I get excited over such a thing, but today I'm not even embarrassed to admit it. I have a laundry room and I'm thrilled. So there.
That's my brother. He's such a good little worker. I seriously don't know what we would have done without him. In his real life he manages construction projects. Things being what they are in the world of construction he's had some time on his hands so he's been over here managing our project, I highly recommend him if you are in need of such a thing. Of course he won't be available until he's done bossing us around on our home sweet job site, but it won't hurt to get your name on the waiting list.
Now you're all caught up. There's a rumor that walls might be going up on the addition this weekend. I'll keep you posted, as I'm sure you are all on pins and needles wondering about the fascinating details of my life.

5 comments:

MommyJ said...

Dude. Where you really up at 4:39 AM? Get some sleep, woman!! All the improvements look marvelous! I'm excited for your laundry room too. My laundry room/food storage pantry is one of my favorite rooms in my house. Silly, I know. But it's such a mandatory part of my existence, I like the efficiency of it all.

James said...

WOW. Nice work.

Homer and Queen said...

Love the cabinets sister!!! We moved in ours while it was gutted, no laundry or stove for months so I feel your pain!

AuBien said...

Oh my stars! You and I need to get together and have a drink! We are both going through the crazy moving and wildness in the meantime thing. Your challenge definitely makes me realize I should just hush and get through it. THAT'S a LOT of work you're doing there! Yowzah. Hang in there sistah...one afternoon it will all be done and you can plop your feet up and get back to bon bons! :)

Cheryle said...

I love your kitchen - and, no, I didn't see the tile! :-)

 
>