>

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

And this is why I like my husband again.

One of the biggest problems with our new house is that it's too small for our family. So we planned an addition knowing we would be moving in before it was completed.  My expectations of this project being finished in a timely manner were pretty low.  I think realistically that's just the way these things go.

 
Yesterday morning the lumber was delivered, my brother (who is starting to have an angelic glow) came over, and by the end of the day with just the two of them working, our addition had gone from this.....
  
to this...
  
.....
 
....to this....TaDa! A wall.  A BIG wall.
Progress is a beautiful thing. 
*
PS~I'm writing a REAL post for tomorrow. No pictures and no construction talk. Betcha thought I forgot how to do that, huh? 

4 comments:

Homer and Queen said...

Very impressive! Are you going to have a she-cave? Somewhere for just you?

Cheryle said...

Congratulations on the progress. It's a good feeling, I know!

Todd said...

Hey, does that boy need a job? Seriously.

HollyB said...

oh gee... good luck with the addition. We added on to the back of our house a couple of years ago. We did it all ourself too so it too almost a year to complete. I am just thankful we finished it and got some time to enjoy it before the twins were born. Now, they have taken over! Good luck, it's a LOT of work!

 
>