>

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I have one word for you

Best. Mom. EVER!!
Last week my son asked me if he could invite a couple friends over to watch Jaws (dont' ask me, suddenly it's all the rage) and he wanted to know if I would make some shark cupcakes for them to eat while they watched. My first reaction was "Are you crazy? Does it look like I have the time or desire to make shark cupcakes? Why don't you and your amigos walk down to Chevron in the 115 degree heat and grab yourselves a bag of Cheetos and some Red Bull. Better yet, would it kill ya to eat an apple every once in a while?"
But something very odd, like possibly a voodoo spell, came over me and I didn't say any of that. Instead I said "Sure buddy. You want chocolate cupcakes or vanilla?"
I gathered my supplies. Set aside 2 hours. (okay, 4 hours)
And..viola!! Best mom ever.
He was so happy, he and his friends got all sugared up and watched Richard Dreyfus go shark hunting. What more does a boy need? Sugar and Richard Dreyfus. It was a perfect day.
You may now feel free to call Oprah and tell her what a great parent I am. I'm available to go on her show and give parenting advice. But not fashion advice, you might even suggest that I deserve a makeover. Or a new car. Or a trip to France.
PS~In the interest of full disclosure, I could have never made the cupcakes and remained sane (=nice) without the help of my lovely niece Haley who owes my brother money and has been sold into bondage to me for a week. (more about that later). Thanks Hayley!!

8 comments:

James said...

Wow. I wouldn't even begin to know how to make shark cupcakes. Kudos to you.

Homer and Queen said...

Wow... Best. Mom. Ever! Except for me...'cuz I didn't kill anyone this week. Yet.

Todd said...

Where are the Shark Attack Victim cupcakes?

Becky said...

Those are AWESOME! And thanks for letting me know that Jaws is all the rage. I like to keep up with the latest trends... :)

alexis said...

OK, so you're sharks look exactly like they do in the book and when I saw those sharks in the cookbook I thought to myself 'yeah right' like anybody could make them look that good. Kudos to you. I want to make cupcakes now too, can you send Haley to our house?

Karen said...

Are you kidding me? I can't believe you pulled that off. You deserve Oprah ... and Oprah deserves you.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Oh wow -- those are way too cool!

Cheryle said...

Good job, Good Mom! I managed to avoid those kinds of things by responding to my children's weird requests with the look that said, "I spent hours in labor having you; that was enough creativity for a lifetime!"

You get the Gold Star and I'm flooding Oprah with emails requesting that she have you on her show!

(PS: My verfication word is "suoushe" - suspiciously close to "sushi," I think. Any shark meat left over?)

 
>