>

Monday, July 20, 2009

I hate to bring this up...

....because I know you won't even believe it, but I am so cranky/anxious/tired I can hardly stand myself. You can't believe it, can you?

I don't know what the problem is. Maybe living in a kiln is getting to me, or maybe I am tired of being the only person in my house that can see those towel hooks in the bathroom and fully understand their functionality, it could be that we are moving in 2 weeks and we are not even close to being ready, or possibly the unreasonable amount of sewing I have taken on so the young women in my ward can have the BEST CAMP EVER. It's for sure NOT the steady stream of video game noise coming from the next room, or that I have had a headache since Friday and don't even dare suggest that I'm annoyed because I haven't had time to read a magazine (forget books) in a month, seriously, who needs intellectual stimulation?

Whatever the problem is (or problems are) I really don't like myself this way. I see those inherently cheery people and I want to kick them, but after that urge passes I wonder how they do it. How?! Tell me cheery people, what's your secret?

When the curiosity passes, I want to kick them again. (you aren't going to tell me your secret now, are you?)

Also, I don't want to leave my house. People keep asking me what's wrong. Just out of the blue, even when I think I'm looking normalish. Try as I might, to hold it all in, apparently that's not working, apparently it's written all over my face, apparently I look like I might shoot up the post office. Today, at the grocery store, I think I saw one of the PTO moms from my daughter's school avoid me on purpose. (Really, I know she saw me, but she must have also seen my brown aura (have I ever told you about that lady I used to know who said she could see people's auras? That's a good one. remind me later) and decided that was a can of worms she didn't feel like opening today)

I'm sooo not going to shoot up the post office. As if.

Nope, I'm going to post this and you guys are all going to tell me how you feel EXACTLY the same way, it must be the season for it. Which will totally make me feel normal and better. It's working already. You guys are the best.

7 comments:

Todd said...

If it will make you feel any better, you can just tell yourself that ignorance is bliss.

If that doesn't work, well then maybe you have to try to figure out why everyone else is smiling. Once you find whatever is making them happy, destroy it. That should cheer you up a little.

Homer and Queen said...

Yeah, I hate everybody too...just sayin'...

James said...

Sorry, I'm one of those people that tends toward the cheery side. Hope your funk ends soon.

wesley's mom (sue) said...

Todd-are you implying I am ignorant? Or that the happy people are blissful because they are dumb? If it's the 2nd one, that does cheer me up a little. Thanks.

Queen-Good. That's what I like to hear.

James, James, James.....That's it? You're just going to tell me you're cheery but not tell me your secret?

James said...

Oh yeah. The "secret." I'm not supposed to share it, but...

the secret is...

...Cap n' Crunch.

Man that stuff brightens my day.

carrie said...

Sorry Sue but the "cheery secret" is genetic and a random result of a mix of brain chemicals and successful firings of electrons (or something like that). perhaps you can find peace in the fact that cheery people are less creative and infinitely less interesting than you angry, mournful types. we wouldn't have you any other way.

Cheryle said...

I'm annoyingly, obnoxiously, incessantly cheery. Most of the time it's an act so that people don't keep asking me what's wrong.

Honest funk and pissed-off-ness is mentally healthier, believe me.

 
>