>

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

This is our pool

I'm not going to tell you how much time and money I have spent trying to bring it to the swampy hue you see before you.  That would seem too much like bragging.
I will tell you though, that the party isn't over yet.  Despite my best efforts, it seems we are on the brink of going from green water to brown slime.  Now I am left with no choice but to drain my little cement pond and start anew.  If I weren't such a stubborn cheapskate I would hire someone to come over and take care of this, but my motto is "why pay someone else to do something I could be doing myself instead of sleeping?"

6 comments:

James said...

Throw in a ton of gelatin and let it harden into the worlds largest green jello mold. (And sprinkle in some cat food for good measure. Movie reference?)

Todd said...

If you drain that thing you're going to displace an entire ecosystem of new lifeforms.

Have your kids been swimming in there? Have you noticed anything strange about them lately? Gills? Extra arms? Night Vision?

Wow, and to think that I almost swam in that thing a couple of weeks ago.

Homer and Queen said...

It's expensive either way!!! We have done them both and they both suck!!

Karen said...

It's like your own little lagoon! Just plant some palm trees and put on a bikini!

carrie said...

Let me know when you're ready for my pool guy's phone number....

becky @ misspriss said...

I *LOVE* that you called it a cement pond. Hah!

 
>