>

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Knock knock

“A joke is a very serious thing.”~Winston Churchill

This isn’t one of those fancy blogs with a staff. No siree, I write my own jokes, and sometimes—not very often mind you-- but every once in a while, I write something funny and no one laughs.

What gives?

I’ve been wondering, if a person is trying to be funny, do they want to be laughed at or laughed with? In my case, I don’t really care, as long as you are laughing, which just goes to show how very needy I can be.

I don’t care WHY you are looking at me, just please make sure you are looking.

Except when I tell you to stop, when I tell you to stop looking at me and laughing with or at me, please turn away. Feel free to go into another room and phone a friend and make fun of me to your heart’s content.

The thing is, I don’t really think I’m all that funny. I can’t lie, I enjoy it when other people find me amusing, but I can’t always figure out what they are laughing at. Maybe I make them nervous. It’s possible, I do cut a pretty imposing figure, HA HA ha haHa.

Here are a couple of undeniably funny videos of people who either have writers or more time than I have to be thinking up funny things to say--

If I did have writers I would sound just like this-
The Daily Show With Jon StewartM - Th 11p / 10c
The Pageant of the Christ
thedailyshow.com

2 comments:

Heidi Ashworth said...

Oh dear! Have you been mocked into a corner? So not fair! (I could have written this post.)

Alexis said...

I've never seen 30 Rock but that makes me want to TiVo it. Watch out Snapped. You may get bumped.

 
>