>

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

oink

I hate to bring it up again, but I just read an article that says the best way to prevent Swine Flu is isolation. Stay away from everyone. Sounds good to me. I could use a few days of quarantine. Except for the part where I am confined to my house for who knows how long with my family. That scenario could end up with me running away to join the circus. But I’ve been considering that for a while anyway.

Seriously though, I’m kind of starting to worry that I might actually have to gather my sweet little chicks and lock them in the house temporarily. We live in a border state (Arizona), so I don’t feel like I’m completely paranoid being nervous about it.

So, let’s just say you were going to stay home with your family for a week or two (or six, who’s counting?), what supplies would you need to remain sane?

10 comments:

Homer and Queen said...

ummm...lots of diet coke...

Sticky (not too) said...

Drugs, alcohol, noise canceling head phones, duct tape and those plastic zip tie thingies...
chocolate, alcohol, DVD's
Oh, and lots of coffee.

(im sure the rest of the family will need some supplies too...)

Sandi said...

OINK...haha that cracked me up :)

Jan the crazy lady said...

Listen to your gut. Stay safe. Take care.

Becky said...

A little sane or a lot sane? Maybe you need to clone yourself. One of you could hang out with your family during the isolation period and one of you could take care of the mundane stuff - dishes, meals, laundry. Yep, you definitely need a clone.

Seriously, though... I dunno. Lots of books, movies, and games? And I hope the Swine Flu doesn't rear its ugly head anywhere near you.

Cheryle said...

Alcohol, coffee, lots of good books, and plenty of videos for the kidlets. Oh, and snack food.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh my goodness. I don't blame you.

I laughed so hard at your title.

hee hee

Todd said...

Remain sane? That's funny.

Alyson (New England Living) said...

sleeping pills...no, seriously, I would need a maid and cook

Heidi Ashworth said...

Far worse than that is having a husband who teaches at school full of people who have family who visit from Mexico on a regular basis. A school in the same town he teaches at was just closed b/c of the flu--he still has to go to work. I would much rather we all stayed in the house and picked our noses. At least we would be safe.

 
>