>

Thursday, March 12, 2009

This is going to be REALLY fun.

I woke up this morning with some anxiety.  Today is one of those days that I know I'll get everything done, I'm just not sure HOW.  With that in mind, knowing that I do not really have even one extra minute to spare, I decided that it would be "fun" to document my progress here, on the ol'blog.  If for no other reason than at the end of the day I will have proof of all the things I was able to sqeeze in.  This post is my activity between 5:30 and 7:30.  I'm going to try to post updates throughout the day.  Because I am crazy and unrealistic.  Enjoy.
When I got up everyone else was still sleeping.  I love the way my daughter's room looks at night.  It's the only time her room is peaceful.
I made my bed.  Which I do every morning.  Two things my granny always told me to do-Wear nice panties and make your bed.  If you were to die in the middle of the day, she always said, the last thing you would want is for people to be talking about your holey underwear or the fact that you left your bed unmade.   Truer word were never uttered.
I did my hair.  Which I normally do not do every morning, especially not between 5:30 and 7:30, but I knew I wouldn't get another chance today.  I was however happy to note that not getting my bangs trimmed payed off, my hair is long enough that you can't see my eyes so I didn't have to bother with mascara, (the only make-up I usually wear).  On the other hand I will probably be doing that annoying "bang flip" thing all day so I can see.  Oh well, you can't have everthing.
Then I finally got my 2 week old netflix videos ready to return so I could have something new to watch this weekend.
This might surprise you, but I didn't add the Christina Aguilera story to my queue.
Then I took my surly teenagers to school.
They were both so happy to participate in the documentation of my day. But one of them refused to wave at me, he said he didn't want my readers to get a misimpression of him.  He wouldn't normally wave, and he's not doing it today.  Such a sweet, sweet, boy.
This one did wave, but he tried to make it look like he was asking me not to run over him so he would not lose any cool points.  I pretty much think if you are 17 and your mom still takes you to school, well, you aren't as cool as you think you are.  Right?
After I got rid of those two, I took a deep breath and noticed that the sky was really beautiful this morning. Sadly my camera doesn't do it justice.
When I got home my daughter was excited to show me her outfit.  She likes to mix it up.  I guess considering how I dress I can't expect too much.
I'll be back in a little while with the 7:30-9:30 events. 

4 comments:

The Crash Test Dummy said...

ha ha ha ha How fun to see your kids and their beds and your bed and your bed head.

Can't wait for the update.

And I once kept a netflix movie for 3 months without watching it. Actually I did that more than once.

carrie said...

waiting on pins and needles for the update on your day. you've already done more in two hours than I did all day!

maybe you should try sending ivy to a school with a uniform. that would teach her! maisie hates hers "it's too dull".

wesley's mom (sue) said...

I can't even bring my self to imagine the drama if Ivy were forced to wear a uniform. I can't even force her to wear clothes that "kindof" match.

Karen said...

Everyone already knows that I rarely make my bed. I'm not waiting until I die to hide it from them. Good job on making yours!

I do usually have great underwear on though.

 
>