>

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Things that are keeping me up at night

If you suspect that someone who should like you, doesn’t seem to, and you can’t think of any reason why they wouldn’t, would you ask them if there was something amuck? Or would you ask her husband—your brother—what was going on?

I’m not a good dieter and I really don’t like to exercise, should I just throw in the towel, buy a flexible wardrobe (i.e. stretchy) and be done with it?

When your teenagers are out at night, do you wait up for them?

How wrong is it to not return the phone call of your crazy divorced friend when she leaves you a message saying she can’t wait to tell you what happened when she and her new boyfriend were at the same event with her ex-husband and his new girlfriend? Because, really, I can wait, a long time, like forever, to hear that story.

Do you cook a real meal every night for your family? Do you think I’m a loser because I don’t?

How often do you call your mother? I don’t call mine very often and I feel a little bad about it, but not bad enough to call her.

6 comments:

Homer and Queen said...

I thought I was the only one that layed awake nights worrying about insignificant andpetty things!

Heidi Ashworth said...

Hmmmm, I could have written this--except that I don't have any divorced friends. Lucky me. And about that dinner thing--I can't remember the last time I cooked dinner. (Am I going to hell?)

wesley's mom (sue) said...

I seem to have an unfortunate abundance of divorced friends these days. Some are handling it with more grace than others.

Is hell the consequence for not making dinner? That seems so harsh. I'm hoping for something closer to heck.

Maisie said...

I have lots of divorced friends (and none of them have had plastic surgery or take anti-depressants). Anyway, I prefer the friends who just separate from their husbands and live in limbo for years and years and then move to Switzerland. Those are the coolest friends to have! They only tell interesting stories about their divorced friends whose kids stick knives in their eyes.

And yes, not cooking for your family is a one way ticket to hell. I think one of my home teachers said that.

I'm surprised that these are the things that keep you awake when you could be worrying about so many other things.... should I give you a few suggestions?

wesley's mom (sue) said...

I do love those friends who live in limbo. I live vicariously through them.

I'm pretty sure if your home teachers told you that you would go to hell for not making dinner that it was just part of a larger list of things you could go to hell for. Like living in limbo.

No need for suggestions of things to worry about, I will just add worrying about that kid with the knife in his eye to my list, along with your eternal salvation. That should keep me up for weeks.

Fiona said...

I'd like to plead the 5th on the whole cooking issue...

 
>