>

Friday, March 13, 2009

Can you believe I came home and fell asleep before I could finish telling you about my day?

I’m so rude.

Here’s how it went down. I made dinner. I nagged everyone to finish their homework. That's all, I just nagged them, I didn't do anyone's homework last night.  We went to the Pinewood Derby and I forgot my camera.

Wouldn’t you know, after I had taken it everywhere with me the entire day, that during the one event I should have been taking pictures, I wasn’t? The worst part was that our son was the big winner of this year’s race. It wasn’t bad that he won, it was bad because while he was busy being winner, I, his own mother, did not have her camera there to record for his posterity, his big win, therefore making me a loser.

I did however take pictures of the cars before the race-

The winner.
Ivy's car, which she raced during the "open class"(?) portion of the evening.
*
Then I came home and collapsed and I was out like a light, before the CSIs of Las Vegas even had a crime to solve.

8 comments:

Alyson (New England Living) said...

No, you aren't a big loser mom! We all have done this and heaped momma guilt big time on ourselves.

Congrats to your awesome son!

Heidi Ashworth said...

I'm lucky that I have good friends with cameras who email me photos of my kids b/c I ALWAYS forget my camera . .. maybe it's that safety net thing I have going, huh?

val of the south said...

So glad Crash sent me over! I am nothing if not a good follower!

My son was in the 4th grade program last night - even square dancing and I forgot the camera - so no good embarassing photos for when he's older...darn!!

Cheryle said...

Great Pinewood Derby cars - and congratulations to The Winner!

I miss those days.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

OMGOSH! I can't believe you did't bring your camera. Don't you hate it when that happens!!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Your verifier says reving. ha ha so classic after your pinewood derby winnings.

Homer and Queen said...

I love your white trash Pepsi cup. We have about 10 of them...I buy a new one every time I go to Utah! Your days are as exciting as mine!!

AuBien said...

Uh oh...Momma guilt rears it's head!

 
>