>

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Afternoon

At 11:30 it was time to go pick up Eli.  For the 10th time in as many days I forgot that the route I normally take is under construction. Bonus.
Eli's school is having what seems to be it's bi-quarterly book fair.
Thanks to the buy one get one free deal he was able to get two really good books flip pens. 
After I safely delivered him to the house it was back to Ivy's school for my Art Masterpiece presentations.  The best part was when I asked the class what they first noticed when I revealed the print and a clever young man said "That it was boring."  Exposing children to culture is so rewarding.
*
I ran home, made a personalized license plate for Ivy's pinewood derby car and worked for another 2 hours. Thank heavens for a flexible job that I can do at home.
I picked Ivy up at 2:30.  As you can see from the pictures, everyone is getting tired of my documentation process.
Here we have the obiligtory shot of the sky.  The orange trees are blooming too.  It smells great.
Later I took Ivy and her friend to their clogging class.  Only one of them was up for another picture.
These are Ivy's clogging shoes.  Everyone else has white. She's her own woman.
Now I'm off to make dinner and mentally prepare for the for the pinewood derby.  It's really starting to feel like today is never going to end.

5 comments:

Heidi Ashworth said...

How neat that you work from home. What do you do? As if I am going to come back here and check for the answer . . .it's hard enough getting around to everyone's blog once let alone twice . .

The Crash Test Dummy said...

I had no idea girls could do the pinewood derby. And I love the personalized plate.

Fabulous.

I love the shoes too.

Your verifier says bumbles.

Was that a bumble to do your daughter's homework? hee hee

Lorie said...

Hey! I got stuck in that construction this evening on the way home from dinner! What are they doing there?

dolly etta said...

What a full day of all of the mom activity that can possibly exist. Are you sure you didn't have to take care of a sick child or pick up doggie poo out of the yard also?

Since you are Crash's follower of the week, I am "crashing" in on lots of her buddies since I am either really sick in bed with the flu on day number four and can do nothing else but blog around......, OR I am in an unconscious state of avoidance for my imminent move to Saudi Arabia and I have staged a Texas funeral and a flu to keep me from going.

I enjoyed looking at your normal life and day!

wesley's mom (sue) said...

Heidi, my job is in medical billing. I just kind of fell into it, but it has worked out great, it's flexible, I can do it at home, and I have a great boss.

Crash, In our ward we have open racing after the real races, and anyone can bring a car to race. As for the homework, I'm sure it will come back to haunt me. I just lost my mind for a few minutes.

Lorie, I'm pretty sure the purpose of that construction is to make me late a few times a week, oh and something about "Intersection Improvments".

Dolly Etta, Sorry that you are not feeling well. Luckily no, I did not have any sick kids or messy dogs to throw in the mix yesterday. whew!

 
>