>

Thursday, February 26, 2009

A few things that seem random…..

…. but are actually tied together with a length of heavy duty invisible fishing line.

When magazines or the Today show or heaven help me, Oprah, offer to help us get “Red Carpet Looks for Less”, who is their target audience? Because I don’t often find myself in need of a Red Carpet Look, and by often I mean NEVER, but if I were going to be on a Red Carpet I would just do what the rest of superstars do. Forget getting it for less, I would borrow it from the designer, which is called getting it for FREE.

Speaking of saving a buck. I heard someone say that they were going to stock up on Forever Stamps. How does that work? How many forever stamps does one have to buy so that they feel like they can sleep at night secure in the knowledge that they won’t be spending 2 more cents every time they mail a letter? And am I missing something because stamp hoarding is not even something is on my list of things I wish I had time to worry about?

Is it rotten or just kind of pathetic that when my daughter woke up with the stomach flu yesterday I was a little happy because it meant I could legitimately reschedule half of the things on my too full schedule?

Does anyone have etiquette advice for this situation? Say your father gets married again (3rd times the charm), and he sends you an e-mail to let you know, but it’s too late because someone else already let you know because they got their e-mail first (if, by the way, e-mail is the method you are using to pass this information along to your children, you might try sending them all an e-mail AT THE SAME TIME, you know, to avoid confusion.) how do you respond? In kind, just dash off an e-mail of congratulations? A card? Heartfelt letter? Please don’t say with a gift, I don’t think I have it in me.

4 comments:

Heidi Ashworth said...

Oh, dear! When my fil got married (for the third time) he didn't even invite us to the wedding--he just got married on a cruise and basically couldn't care less if we were there or not. Bully for him. The second time he got married, he invited his youngest child to be part of the ceremony--best man and his wife maid of honor--and the rest of us were second class citizens. The cruise thing was way better. Um, I doubt we got a present.

Becky said...

What, you never prance around your living room in your Oscar best? What kind of childhood did you have, woman!?

And I'm all for the dashing off a quick e-mail of congratulations.

wesley's mom said...

Becky, each of my parents has now been married 3 times (and my mother has had a couple of "long term" relationships that did not result in tying the ol knot), so what kind of childhood do you think I had? The only time we prance around in formal wear is at weddings. ..... Come to think of it, maybe I have more use for those get dressed up for cheap stories than I thought I did.

Cheryle said...

In my book, an email announcement/invitation deserves the very best: a free e-card! You'll feel so much better and will have spent exactly the same amount he spent on the invitation!

(Yes, I do have a snotty, vindictive side to me.)

 
>