>

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The path to perfection is long and has many detours

While this is not technically one of the posts I had prepared for “Resolution Week” it is a post about resolving, so I figured what the heck. You obviously have time on your hands or you wouldn’t be here, right? I’m under no illusion that you people are putting off anything, besides maybe scrubbing some grout, to read my blog.

It’s come to my attention that for the last few months I haven’t been very funny. I’m not going to make excuses, because the one thing I hate worse than not being funny is excuses, I’ve had a lot going on and clearly I have not been looking at my life through a pair of those big goofy clown glasses.

Well, enough of that. Today I am turning over a new whoopee cushion. I’m bringing funny back.

You know how they say if you lose one of you senses, like sight or hearing, that the other senses will sharpen up and compensate? That’s how humor is for me. I have absolutely NO fashion sense and also my driving skills are not the best in the world (I’m no Danika Patrick that’s for sure) but it’s okay, because my sense of humor is very keen.

Not everyone agrees that I am funny; personally I think those people are humor impaired, but whatever. I get that sarcasm isn’t something that everyone has a knack for deciphering. I have engraved “I’m sorry if I offended you when you and your spouse went out to dinner with me and my spouse last weekend” cards that I send to potential friends after I embarrass my husband in social situations. Poor thing, he thinks he has a sense of humor, you know how men are.

Here is a list of 10 things (in no particular order) I think are dang funny

1. Tina Fey
2. Snatch
3. David Sedaris books
4. Seinfeld
5. The Daily Show
6. My brother and his darling wife
7. Jell-O of the Month clubs
8. People who take themselves too seriously
9. Flight of the Concords
10. Neil Patrick Harris


What do you think is funny (besides me)?

4 comments:

gramee said...

is there really a jello of the month club? i gotta know LOL!

Ward and June said...

Hey, NBC pulled your video. Are you actively pirating again? Don't make me call the FCC.

wesley's mom said...

Gramee, there is indeed a jell-o of the month club, but it is very exclusive.

http://theluntslivehere.blogspot.com/2009/01/its-gift-that-keeps-on-givin.html

I am disapointed in NBC, they clearly have no sense of humor. Sad.

Heather of the EO said...

Ellen, love her.

I love Flight of the Conchords too!

 
>