>

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Great Expectations

These three books are on my nightstand, or in my purse, or just where ever. I've started reading all of them, in addition to the 4 or 5 magazines that, for reasons I myself don't fully understand, I INSIST upon subscribing to, knowing full well I don't have time to read them, but because I paid for them, I refuse to throw them away, or even recycle them, until I have gleened every bit of usless outdated information from their shiny pagesIt makes perfect sense then, that I would put a book on hold at the library and instead of coming home with just one more book that I don't have time to read I would come out with 5 and a DVD.

"Hello, my name is Sue, and I am addicted to reading." Do you think there is a 12 step program to help me learn to manage my craving? You can see from the stacks, it's obviously not about knowledge. Unless you think Amy Sedaris can really help you win friends and influence people. (You can however, see that my commitment to Yoga is still strong. 2 weeks, that's a long term committment to fitness never before achieved by me, unless you count the Army, which I don't. You'd run too if someone was running behind yelling and demanding that you become a fighting machine, and the only way to do that is to run, run, run, and run a little more and a little faster.)
*
This has nothing to do with my affliction, I just like it.

2 comments:

Andrea -- Just One More Book!! Podcast said...

I have the exact same addiction! Sometimes I feel like a squirrel gathering nuts

Rebecca Jo said...

Visiting from BSU...

I will join the club with you - I too am addicted to books & reading... & I saw that first book? Is that a blog book? How cool is that!!!

 
>