>

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Deperate times call for desperate measures.

This morning my son brought me a pair of my jeans that had mistakenly found their way into his closet. He said he had tried them on and realized they weren’t his because they were “huge”. I chuckled, thinking they must have been in his closet for a while, when I looked at the jeans I saw that they were my FAVORITE jeans, the jeans I think I look pretty good in, the jeans I had just worn last week, the jeans that I had been searching for this very morning. That’s when I chuckled again, thinking to myself how funny it is the way teenage boys exaggerate. Huge-- hmpf!  As if.

Later, as I was about to step in the shower, I decided to step on the scale first.  Imagine my surprise when instead of revealing my digital weight, the screen on my scale read “Welcome Back Santa Claus!”

You don’t have to hit me in the face with a pie tin full of whipped cream three times. I got the message. I knew I had to take immediate action. So I did. I reached down and took the batteries right out of my scale. HA!! Stupid scale.

Then I calmly showered and did what any rational person would do after finding out there are in fact calories in candy canes.

I had ice cream for breakfast.

6 comments:

Jess to the Lo said...

I love it! I wish I had ice cream to join you in breakfast eating. Have a good fun filled day!

Becky said...

I had oatmeal for breakfast, because for some odd reason, eating leftover holiday goodies for breakfast for the last week was not helping me fit into my pants.

Strange.

Annie Valentine said...

You are a brilliant rebellious woman.

I had salami for breakfast.

Cheryle said...

I love it when you are so reasonable and rational! It simply validates my own behavior, leaving me with the conviction that you and I are perfectly normal and that teenaged boys are --- well, teenaged boys -- and therefore capable of totally inexplicable behavior!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

LOL...okay that is CLASSIC and SO something I would do!

Lisa said...

lol, thanks for the laugh. I needed it :)

It is true. There is a reason stressed is "desserts" spelled backwards.

I might've smacked my teenage boy upside the head. Lightly, of course

*cough*

 
>