>

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

is it really Christmas Eve already?

I’ve had a hard time feeling festive this year.

It’s really not like me. I am usually all about the baking (of which I have done ZERO this year and my kids keep asking when we are going to do it and I keep buying time with cookies from Trader Joe’s and now it’s getting down to the wire …………….) and the watching of the Christmas movies (of which I have only watched one-Stalking Santa{it rocks}, although I did sit in the same room while the yucky Jim Carrey version of the Grinch was on last night, does that count?) and the decorating (of which I have done the minimum and I still have a small pile of lights that I was going to use to make the upstairs feel all Christmas cozy but are lying in a corner in the family room because I didn’t get that far) and the torturous family photo Christmas card (of which I have not even forced my family to pose for, much less order, address, write a clever letter, and mail out to all of our loved ones near and far).

So today I am taking the day off. I’m not going to work or check e-mails or worry about, well, anything. I am dedicating this day to the Grizwold Family Christmas. We are going to be the hap- hap- happiest, most jolly, carol singing, treat making, light hanging, White Christmas watching, family in town.

Merry Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Cheryle said...

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your family and the spirit of the day. The other stuff, while fun, is just add-ons anyway!

Becky said...

Have a great Christmas, lady!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

I hope it was an awesome Christmas. I had a hard time getting into it too.

 
>