>

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Almost as interesting as a Barbara Walters special

Just in case you are looking for some entertainment while you count down the hours until 2009, here are the highlights, in my opinion (and what with it being MY blog and all, I think my opinion should count for something, if not everything), of my exceedingly, and sometimes irratic, blogging performance of 2008.  I'm no Dick Clark, but neither is Ryan Seacrest. Trust me, this will be way more fun that watching some silly ball drop.

January was a good month, and clearly the start of my annoying obsession with all things election related, I think if an intervention had been staged at that point my children may not have had to witness their mother talking back to the television while she took notes (I took NOTES, what kind of a nut am I?!--If you are my brother, that is a rhetorical question, I already know what kind of nut you think I am) during ALL of the debates. My favorite January post has suprisingly nothing to do with the election and everything to do with my daughter, which, if you ask her, is just how it should be.

In Feburary I continued to talk about politics and Amish Friendship Bread, but the my break-up with Blockbuster has unfortunately remained the thing that affected me the most.  We never reconciled and I will probably never be the same.  Hollywood Video has tried to be a substitute, but they don't even have any season of Dexter on DVD, so without meaning to, they will always fall just a little short.

March brought Spring Break, Mike Huckabee, and the end of sweater season, but most importantly a valuable lesson about vanity.  One that I have not forgotten.

In April I discovered Flight of the Concords, no, I don't live under a rock, we just don't have cable, which everyone knows is about as close as you can get to actually living under a rock. Just ask my kids.

There were plenty of high points in May, but none even came close to this.  I really needed it after that whole tanning business in March.

Girls Camp was scheduled for June and my seperation anxiety kicked in making my kind of whiney, but knowing that I am raising funny kids really helped to put everything in perspective.

Okay, there are the first six months, it's only taken me an hour and half to put that together.  Now I must run to Target for Happy New Year tiaras and party snacks.  I will be back with the second half of the year this afternoon.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey, that was fun! I like reading posts from before I "knew" you. I'll be back later for the rest.

 
>