>

Monday, October 27, 2008

This is probably how Mary Kay got her start.

My daughter and her friend just came in the house very excited. They had this little bag of shells they found on the playground at school today and they wanted to go sell them to the neighbors. I like my neighbors, but I also like my girl and I remember having similar schemes at that age so I told them they could go to three houses. (Thus limiting the amount of annoyed neighbors and also the amount of inevitable rejection.)

Well, wouldn’t you know they found the biggest sucker on our street behind the first door they tried. He gave them a dollar for four broken little shells. They are planning to be millionaires before dinner.

2 comments:

Cheryle said...

Oh, you're a good mom! And have an excellent neighbor!

beeeeeeeee said...

That's too funny! And a much better idea than my niece who painted rocks to sell. Though they live next to a sucker too. maybe you live in the same neighborhood?

 
>