>

Thursday, August 28, 2008

NieNie Day


It’s NieNie Day throughout the internet. Generous bloggers around the world are holding silent auctions to benefit the Nielson family. I considered having an auction here but truth be told, between the incessant migraine and back to school I feel like my life is spinning wildly out of control (also, I didn’t want to start a bidding war between my 3 loyal readers, since 2 of them live together, it could’ve gotten ugly fast). So, while there will be no auction here, I will without a doubt be checking out as many others as I can and making a donation that way, it’s a great excuse to shop (as if I need an excuse).

I discovered NieNie about a year though a link on her sister’s blog, Cjane Enjoy It. I have since been drawn daily to the photos of her life and inspired by her love of motherhood and domesticity, just as I have been uplifted and encouraged to enjoy life when I read Courtney’s blog. It is obvious that they are part of a very close and loving family.

When I read of the tragedy of their accident I felt as if someone dear to me had been hurt. Not a day has gone by that I haven’t thought, many times, about this family. My heart aches for all of them. It has been an amazing thing to see how their extended family has swooped in and stepped up. Once again they have inspired me.

Design Mom has over a hundred auctions listed on her blog if you would like to participate. If you haven’t already been introduced to the NieNie Dialogues they are here, her awe inspiring sister is here with daily updates and unmatched skills with the written word. You can also learn about other events and ways to support this family here.

Thank you.

No comments:

 
>