>

Thursday, August 7, 2008

I don’t want a NEW kid..

… but I could live with a refurbished kid or two. My neighbor lent me this book, not because it worked so well for her, but because she has basically given up on her dream of having the upper hand EVER in her home, so someone else might as well dream big.

I started it last night, and I have to say, so far it sounds okay. It’s a five day challenge (I have 5 kids, does that make it a 25 day challenge for me?), considering I’ve been on the 17 year super challenge I figured what have I got to lose? So, I’m taking a break from my usual spoonful of sugar tactics and giving this a go. Since I’m starting on Thursday I obviously won’t have a new kid by tomorrow, but I’m guaranteed to have at least one by Monday, just in time for back to school.

Day one is “Say it once and walk away.”

The idea is to avoid being drawn into a discussion/argument about anything at all, just calmly stating the way things are and walking away. The difficulty I foresee is that my children have legs and they will surely follow me and continue to demand a more “logical” discussion.

Coming tomorrow*Attitude, behavior, and character OR why this guy is nuts and should try selling crazy to somewhere else……

No comments:

 
>