>

Monday, August 4, 2008

Back to school, bah!

One week. School starts in one week, and I for one (I seem to be the only one) am not happy about it.

I like having a house full of noisy, wet, snack eating kids.

I loathe homework and the drama that seems to be assigned to go along with it.

I like being able to say “Well, if you don’t have any clean underwear, just put on a swimsuit.” From mid-August until the end of May, you kind of have to have clean underwear on hand.

I hate school lunches and the idea of my kids eating them. ICK! After eating so fabulously gourmet here all summer (you know, frozen pizzas and otter pops), school lunch has to be a big adjustment for them.

I love not being on a schedule.

I hate the drop-off and pick-up traffic jams.

I love mid-week sleepovers and sleepy cousins in the kitchen discussing the merits of Cocoa Pebbles.

I hate the “I forgot my…. Can you run it over to me?” phone calls.

Most of all I hate the quiet, the way our house feels empty from 8:30 til 2:30.

No comments:

 
>