>

Friday, July 25, 2008

The rest of the time I am completely normal

Sometimes I don’t want to wake my kids up in the morning because I am enjoying the silence, other times I want to wake them up and hug them and hear the noise, but I know if I do, it won’t be joyful noise for long.

Sometimes I think some of the women in my ward pity me (and my husband) because I’m not all fancy and I don’t dress up or really wear much make-up and my house isn’t magazine layout worthy.

Sometimes I can’t sleep at night because I’m SWEATING!! For the love of all that is good and fair the sweating is KILLING ME!!

Sometimes I wear my sweats and a t-shirt all day, and then I sleep in them and wear them most of the next day too.

Sometimes I want to run away with my family and live in a compound in the woods-not very often though. I would like to live in seclusion with my family, just not in the woods. The French countryside would be okay though.

Sometimes I listen to cheesy pop music for fun.

Sometimes I forget that being a wife and a mom is a noble and worthwhile job and I want to join the Peace Corps and be a leader, not just try to raise future leaders.

Sometimes people tell me things that I already know because I secretly read their blogs, but I don’t tell them I know because I don’t want them to think I just sit around reading blogs all day-or late into the night-or very early in the morning. You know, all the time, pretty much.

Sometimes I let my kids eat Fruity Pebbles for dinner, and I don’t even feel guilty.

Sometimes I know for a fact that someone is wrong about something and I don’t say anything because I don’t want to make them feel dumb. For some reason I would rather they think I am dumb.

2 comments:

Ward and June said...

Sometimes I think that everyone pities my husband because I am never fancy or dress up. I think that every time his friends see me they sigh in his direction. I read BH&G, who cares if your house isn't layout worthy.

Almost all the time I wear sweats all day and into the next, that's when the sighing gets more audible.

What did I do wrong again? Interchange their and there on my blog? I am ALWAYS doing that.

-june

Amidey (aka Crazy Lady) said...

I don't even know who you are. I'm not sure how I got here. I think through my friends funny farm blog, but I like your blog. I hope you don't mind me snooping. You are so real! The world needs more people like you.

 
>