>

Friday, July 18, 2008

Help me Obi-wan, you’re my only hope

Okay, I need some advice o wise internetlectuals. I think my friend may be upset with me and I don’t know what to do.

It’s too complicated to spill all of the details here, but basically I was helping her with something and things didn’t go as planned and I had a few options (none of them ideal, or wrong necessarily) and I am afraid that I might have done the wrong thing and now she might be mad.

I love this friend and I am just sick that I might have done something to hurt our friendship. The thing is this person sometimes gets upset over really minor things, and sometimes she handles major things way better than I ever could. It’s not consistent, what might upset her this day, might not the next. Two people could do the same thing and one might make her laugh, while she’d be furious at the other. Normally I keep my distance from unstable people but aside from being irrational at times, she’s a great friend.

I would just call her, but if she is angry she will probably give me an earful and things will be forever different between us (I’ve seen it happen with some of her other friends), on the other hand sometimes if she has space she gets over stuff and everyone moves on normally.

I don’t want to ignore the fact that she might be upset, but I also don’t want to force a confrontation (did I mention how much I hate confrontation of any kind?) I really don’t know what to do.

Help. Call her or give her some room?

PS there is also option C, -that I am a total paranoid freak. Which could be a little embarrassing.

2 comments:

Ward and June said...

Wow, this is a difficult one. Without knowing all of the details I would say go ahead and call. It is better to clear the air then ignore it and hope she gets over it. But then again I suck at giving advice.

wesley's mom said...

I know, and I will probably call her this weekend. I am just cowardly.

 
>