>

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Strawberry Chicken Salad

Over at Big Mama everyone is sharing their favorite summer recipe. It's about time. If I offer my kids cereal for dinner one more night there might be an uprising. --The Great Captain Crunch Coup of '08.

I love this recipe. It's easy, only has a few ingredients, and it's good for you(mostly).

Strawberry Chicken Salad

4 Chicken breasts- marinated, grilled and cut into bite sized pieces (I like to marinate mine in Newman's Own House Italian Dressing)
1 Bunch of green leaf lettuce
1 Bunch of red leaf lettuce- both lettuces washed and dried and torn into bite sized pieces.
2 pints of Strawberries- cleaned and sliced
1/2 c sliced almonds-toasted ( You'll be tempted to just throw the almonds in raw, don't, it really makes a difference.)

Toss everything together and add your dressing. We use Litehouse Poppy Seed dressing on ours, but really any sweet dressing will work.

I never get tired of this salad, and even my really picky kids will eat it.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I've had something similiar to this before only it used spinach instead of lettuce...it was delish!

Ward and June said...

We made this salad a few months ago and even my really picky sister ate it. But I am not sure that she liked it, but everyone else did. We just left out the chicken.

 
>