>

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Life and whatnot



~For maybe the first time ever, I had a really good Mother’s Day. I spent the day with my husband and our children; we ditched church and took a day trip.

~I just read some tips for maximizing your experience if you are attending a graduation this year.
#7 –No foghorns or other loud devices.
Hmm, no mention of leaving that uncle home, you know the one who gets drunk and yells-“Way to go Bobby!! I knew you had it in ya!! WOOO!!”

~Texas sheet cake is not that good, but if someone brings a plate of it into my home I will eat and eat it until every last crumb is gone. Especially if there are nuts on top.

~Showtunes rock. When driving there is nothing more fun than having a mix tape of showtunes to sing along with.

~I like to watch public television, am I a weirdo, or just far more intelligent than everyone else?

~Cher, Elton John, and Bette Midler will be replacing Celine Dion in Las Vegas. They will each perform for a month at a time. Hmm.

3 comments:

blah blah blah said...

First let me say that is a really good picture of you two. Lately I have been really unhappy about my unphotogenicness.

second, how does Texas sheetcake differ from regular shhetcake?

thirdly, I already have my foghorns, what should I do?

Lastly, if Sullivan really wants my mom's # I can just email it to him.

wesley's mom said...

Unphotgenic is my middle name, except when it's my first name.

Ah, the texas sheet cake. It's chocolate, and it is baked in a large flatish pan. I guess Texas=big?

If you have already invested in a foghorn I would say you have no choice but to go on and use it, I would definetly think of something memorable to say. And practice at home a few times.
When using a foghorn it's best not to embarrass the graduate.

Sullivan doesn't really want the number. Your mom is more woman than he could handle.

--Maybe that's your foghorn phrase-

"My mama is more woman than you could handle!!!!" Drink a few beers and see how it sounds.

blah blah blah said...

I think that I will just give my dad the foghorn, he has more experience with getting drunk, embarrassing himself and those around him, and yelling really loud.

In fact, he probably doesn't need the foghorn to be heard through out Liberty's Vine Center.

 
>